Pat Ziegler

Sean:

A couple of questions,

Does this have to happen at a particular time of day? Or, four hours
after you start the count down? And, Do you need an off time?

Pat Ziegler
Wholesale Electronics Inc.
www.weisd.com

wrote in message

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply. I'll better describe my situation. I have a 9v
PP3 type battery which is connected to a pinhole camera. I want to
physically connect the battery to the camera but I do not want the
camera to consume the battery power until a set time during the day.

So for example I connect everything together, set a timer to give
power to the camera at a set time, maybe 4 hours later, so in 4 hours
the timer gives power to the camera.

That's basically what I wish to achieve. I have been to the RS site
which has hundreds of 'timers' but as I have limited knowledge, I'm
not sure what these things are, or if they are suitable, so any help
and advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Sean

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 18:11:40 GMT, wrote:

Hi,

I have a camera hooked up to a 9v battery and want to be able to use a
'timer switch' to turn it on at a specific time ( like the ones you
plug into a wall socket and then plug in your light socket and get it
to switch your light on automatically at a certain time when your away
)

Is there such a thing that can do this with a battery as the power
source?

Any help on this would be gratefully appreciated

---
It's possible, but you'll need to specify how you want to start the
timer, how long the delay will be until it turns on the camera, how
long you want the camera to be turned on (as well as what you mean by
"turned on". That is, is it a simple shutter release, is it a
camcorder of some sort that you want to run for a while, or is it
something entirely different) and anything else you can think of.

Probably the best thing for you to do would be to describe your
application, and that way we can fill in some of the blanks.