Patrick Conroy

mac davis wrote in
:

On 27 Jun 2005 11:27:29 -0700, "Mark Wells"
wrote:

ok, I'm pretty sure that I understand that, but on the basis of "there
are no stupid questions", I've had both "side to side" movement and
forward and backward" movement.. (improper roller bearing
adjustment).. are these both flutter, or are we talking something
else?

Side to Side. When my blades flutter, you can actually hear them slapping
the sides of the return channel on the left. Pretty loud. It usually
goes away with a turn or two of the tension knob.

BTW: I'm on my way to the saw shop to replace the blade that I broke
last night, trying to make it flutter.. lol

I gave up on the Suffolk Saw flutter approach. I could never find the
flutter spot. In the end, I end up tensioning the blades to the saw's
gauge marks.