David Billington

Nice curves!. Have you considered getting sponsored by the maker. I
didn't have any examples about at the time to add but could run some off
if you are interested. Most marking I have found is on Al but its not
much, its noticeable due to the marring of the surface. I did some SS
the other week and I couldn't see any surface marking corresponding to
the jaw pattern, only a surface change where the metal was shrunk.

I looked up the details of the jaws I got and the quoted thicknesses for
various materials are as follows.

Aluminium 12swg
Mild steel 14swg
Stainless steel 18swg
Nimonic 18swg
Titanium 20swg

Those are british gauge sizes and although similar to US are not quite
the same.

I look up "metal shrinking" on google and found the following

Probably like yours
http://www.irvansmith.com/catalog2/p...tretcher.shtml

Sit down before you look at the Eckold shrnker price.
http://www.irvansmith.com/catalog2/p...tretcher.shtml

Bill Chernoff wrote:

thanks for the info. The serations on your jaws look a lot finer and
smoother.

the photos of my test piece are in the drop box:
http://www.metalworking.com/DropBox/shrink-strech1.jpg
http://www.metalworking.com/DropBox/shrink-stretch2.jpg
http://www.metalworking.com/DropBox/...etch3_jaws.jpg
http://www.metalworking.com/DropBox/shrink-stretch4.txt