Lawrence

That's what I had thought too. It seems to run pretty hot mainly when using a CD
and having the volume cranked way up. In fact, after a while of doing that
(15-20 minutes) the CD will self-eject and the display will show "CD TOO HOT" or
some such thing. I have heard that the stereos were built with a little fan on
the back end of them a year or so after mine was made. After poking around
inside the radio I did notice that many of the solder joints looked like someone
might have stood in front of the radio and showed it that they had a soldering
iron in their hand and hoped that this would be sufficient to scare the
component into staying soldered to the circuit board. I think that QA person who
checked my radio might have been on a bathroom break when my radio went past his
station.

Cheers,
Lawrence

James Sweet wrote:

Wow! If it's running *that* hot it wouldn't be a bad idea to glue a little
IC heatsink on it!