L.

"Tim Schwartz" wrote in message
Hello all,

I've got an old Fisher FM-600 tuner here with a bad power switch. I
found that the part number is 131-0-1001-54602, but no longer
available. It is a push button DPDT switch similar to many used for
tape monitor buttons, mounted with 2 screws to the front panel. (gray
body, tan PC board like top glued on with red goo, latching mechanism
that is impossible to get back together) It solders to a small PC
board. This switch was probably used in many Sanyo/Fisher products.

This unit belongs in a 'rack system' and gets its power from a
secondary winding in the amp, so the switch only sees around 18VAC. If
you've got one on hand that you are willing to part with, please send me
an e-mail. I'd even use a pulled one from a dead unit to make the
customer happy.

Thanks,
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics

Sadly, in a lot of cases anymore, that is what you have to settle with. Most
know those items were built well, so they tend to want to keep them as
opposed to this new throw away garbage. But they don't understand or perhaps
don't want to hear, parts may not be available anymore. This sort of goes
hand in hand with a thread - perhaps here or on similar groups of "What's in
your parts box?". Talks of people saving all sorts of parts from scrapped
units. Never know what you may need some day.

L.