David

Buy the new and improved version. didn't you read my thread about the
MKII???

Dave

John Moorhead wrote:
Folks -

I have the first incarnation of the Veritas chisel sharpening setup, and
I've been using and have had good luck with it and scary sharpening...

However, I notice that the backs and also the bevels, while having a mirror
finish, aren't square. The edges of the backs have an ever so slight
rounding, and the bevels are more of a very gentle thumbnail profile, rather
than square ( more like ( than | if you will) I'm sure that the chisel is
moving slightly in relation to the paper, but how do I correct for it? The
veritas jig holds the chisel with a big screw, but it can still pivot off of
"TDC".

The chisels are sharp enough, and maybe it's not that big a deal, but I am
in the process of doing a full sharpening and polishing on about 10 chisels
and thought I'd ask for some feedback.

John