George

"Charlie Self" wrote in message
oups.com...
As a writer, I am in favor of strong copyright laws, but some of the
current law is totally arrant nonsense, including the asininity of
presumed copyright on exceptionally old photos (those taken today are
good for a lot longer time than I describe above, which is also
ridiculous: does anyone believe Olan Mills or any similar company will
be in business in 100 years? Or that today's small company
photographers will care about benefits from photos taken today, or, in
fact, will be able to benefit after customers are scattered far and
wide?

If something has value for a hundred years, it ought to be taxed....