Prometheus

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 08:50:35 -0500, "Morris Dovey"
wrote:

Prometheus (in ) said:

| Any chance
| anyone has a link to a printable version of the old-style
| sine/cosine/tangent tables?

That could represent a /lot/ of bandwidth and either server processing
time or file space if you want full tables at degree, minute, and
seconds. Would you settle for an application that creates the file on
your machine?
If so, how much precision do you want?

Whew, just the whole degrees! I'm not doing global surveys or
anything... Actually, after posting this, I found one online and
posted it into an excel spreadsheet. It's just a quick reference to
hang on the bandsaw at work, while I help a guy learn trig. (He's
pretty sharp, but never took it in school) We just double check the
prints to make sure the first piece in a run doesn't end up as scrap.
Sometimes the engineers mess up the short length on a print with
angled sides- kinda hard to do with AutoCAD, I'd think, but some of
them manage to do it anyhow.

You might consider hunting down a copy of Richard S. Burington's
_Handbook_of_Mathematical_Tables_and_Formulas_ (McGraw-Hill). I think
you can still find copies for less than US$10 on-line. It's one of my
most-used shop tools.

I'll keep an eye out for it! I had a lot of math in HS and college,
but it's been a while now, and it's all getting a little fuzzy. A
reference tool probably wouldn't hurt...