Asimov

"CWatters" bravely wrote to "All" (27 Jun 05 13:21:11)
--- on the heady topic of " Old Transistors"

CW From: "CWatters"
CW Xref: aeinews sci.electronics.repair:51657 sci.electronics.misc:19871
CW sci.electronics.equipment:8120

CW "Ron Thompson" wrote in message
CW ...
Does anyone know of a method of either locating or finding information
about transistors that were manufactured in 1972? I am specifically
interested in locating or finding info on two transistors; their codes
a 2N5809 and 2N9614. I can't seem to find any supplier that has them
so I am presuming they are no longer manufactured. Thanks for whatever
help you can give me.

CW 2N5809
CW =3d=3d=3d=3d=3d

CW Mil Spec
CW http://www.dscc.dla.mil/Downloads/Mi...500/mil19500ss
CW 438.pdf Ammendment
CW http://www.dscc.dla.mil/Downloads/Mi...500/mil19500ss
CW 438am1.pdf
CW The military stopped using them in 1999...
CW http://www.dscc.dla.mil/Downloads/Mi...500/prf19500gr
CW oupinact.pdf

CW The above links found here
CW http://www.dscc.dla.mil/Programs/Mil...Doc=3dMIL-PRF-
CW 19500

CW 2N9614
CW =3d=3d=3d=3d=3d=3d

CW Sure that numbers right? No hits using Google is unusual. Usually
CW someone wants to sell you the data!

I think the op might have added the 2N prefix to 9614. Look under
FSC9614 or other Fairchild prefix, perhaps TCS even...

A*s*i*m*o*v

.... Well I defragged my TV and went all the way back to basic cable!