Thomas Bunetta

wrote in message
ups.com...
snippage
Would something like this be sufficient for my needs, or should I rent
the heavy duty one?

Thanks.

I had several lower pressure units... bought one, "inherited" another,, both
at or below 1500 PSI.
Really slow way to get little done!

*Rant mode: ON*
I finally bought what was represented as a 2700 PSI 3 GPM unit (when
shopping, remember the GPM is almost as important as PSI).
Later during a time when the had the pump in for "warranty repair" the
company went out of business :(.
I got the pump back and got it repaired a little closer to home and found
the pump had a max. 200PSI 3GPM rating. The 6 HP Honda driving the pump
would not have been adequate for a larger pump according to Cat.
It has a sticker on it stating 2700 PSI, who to believe? ;)
*Rant mode: OFF*

The point to my ramblings above to make you aware that if buying one, get
the model number of the pump and do some research to learn if you are
receiving what you are paying for.
Now to add my two cents to the loads of other good replies you've had;

Pressure will add additional area to the cleaning "zone" and may be
controlled with a valve on the machine, or more easily by varying the
distance to the working surface.

With a low power machine, you have to get close and then be able to clean an
area of a few square inches at a time.
With mine an a special additional nozzle that throws a "cone" of single
stream being spun out of the end for the large concrete slabs and walls
(plus the usual jets for fans and streams) .

Poorly advertised or not, it will remove a cheap auto paint job, cuts wood
and plastic nicely and has an appetite for foot mats made like 3M sanding
pads {OWWC}.

It will allow for about a 10" to 12 " cone if I move slowly ( I get lotsa
spiral patterns if I don't G).

How often can you invent uses for it (to justify this with SWMBO)?
A lot? Get out the crowbar!
Not often? Rent one!
Simple.

Tom