D. Gerasimatos

In article ,
The Real Bev wrote:
"D. Gerasimatos" wrote:

Property is often not easily interchangeable. There are plenty of houses
that cost the same as mine that I hate, whether it be because of location,
neighbors, or whatever. It would take a substantial premium over the
appraised value (probably 50%) for me to consider putting up with the
hassle of finding and moving into a new house. If someone wants to pay me
4x the value I'll take it, though. I think that the government should simply
'make me an offer I can't refuse' when it wants my property.

The whole point of condemnation is to avoid exactly that.

Avoid paying me what I want for my own property?

Dimitri