Jamie

beerbarrel wrote:
On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 01:15:01 -0400, beerbarrel
wrote:

Picked up a HP 8640B for a song. When I powered it up, the counter
display was inop. After removing the cover, I noticed that the LED for
the 5V regulator card was not lit. I removed the card and found that
the fuse was blown. Well, needless to say, the new fuse blew
instantly. My question is this: Has anyone ever torn into one of these
that might have had this problem? I thought that I might ask before I
dug any deeper.

Thanks,
Tracy

I replaced the pass transistor. I installed a 5 amp fuse. It calls for
a 3 amp. I did not have one so that will have to wait a few days. The
transistor runs mighty hot. Is that normal for this particular
generator? It seems to work fine though. I noticed whomever replaced
the last transistor did not use any conductive paste. I'm thinking
that may be some of the heat issue.

Tracy

mine does not run hot, you mite want to check for leaky caps.

--
Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5