Dave Balderstone

In article , Robert Bonomi
wrote:

How many acres of farmland does it take to produce say, 1,000 barrels of
either ethanol or biodiesel?

That's a good question, and I've throw it to at one of our senior
reporters at work (farm newspaper) to see if they know the answer.

I'm not arguing about the efficiency of the conversion from 'raw' biomass to
'useable' fuel, Rather, I'm commenting on the ability, or lack thereof, to
supplant any significant amount of petroleum imports.

We ran a story a couple of weeks ago about a research pproject that was
close to producing bio-diesel from the animal parts that can no longer
be rendered due to the BSE scare and the closure of the US border to
our cattle. Interesting stuff. There may be more sources for bio-fuels
that simply growing plant matter and converting/digesting it.

One site: http://www.balderstone.ca
The other site, with ww linkshttp://www.woodenwabbits.com