Robatoy

In article . com,
wrote:

I'm planning to paint the exetrior of my house to get it ready for
sale. The old paint is in decent shape, with not much peeling, so the
main function of the pressure washing will be to clean the surface, not
strip the old paint. In fact, I'll mainly be repainting the faded trim
and only touching up the walls.

I was planning to rent a 2,400 psi washer from Home Depot, but am also
considering buying a low-end consumer washer for $70-100. For example,
there's one on sale at Sears with 1,500 psi (not sure about the GPM
rating).

Would something like this be sufficient for my needs, or should I rent
the heavy duty one?

Thanks.

I always find it amazing to find dozens of opened (returned) 1500 PSI
washers at the local big box for sale as 'demos'..or 'clearance'.
Why?
Fricking things are useless.

I rented a 10 HP Honda powered 3000 psi unit last summer...NOW you're
talking. Blew the paint and rust off the railing on my front porch.
Perfect!
That one liked to cut wood too... so I guess we're still on topic?