Prometheus

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 18:17:56 -0700, Burt
wrote:

I can't remember the formula for the life of me.
If a dish is almost 3 ft across and I want to segment it like an orange into 10
segments how do I calculate how wide each will be at the rim?
So I end up with a dish that has 10 sides.

I'm math clueless.

Pi (3.14) x diameter will give you the circumference. Divide that by
ten, and it's the number you need.

In your example, 3.14 x 36" = 113.04" This is the total length of the
outside edge. If you divide that into ten equal segments, each
outside edge will be 11.3" inches long. That is the length of the
curve.