Jeff Wisnia

John wrote:
I'm trying to determine which of the acids we used to use, in the old days,
to disintegrate broken taps or drills. I remember when that was done
occasionally, but don't remember which acid was used. I have a friend who
has a broken drill in cast iron and I thought this might be a possibility
before we start chopping at it with carbide tools and make matters worse. It
might at least loosen it up enough to remove by hand. It's a 1/8" dia. drill
and not in too deep, about 3/16", but it's bound pretty tight.

Thanks
John

If you find something which will disolve tool steel out of cast iron
without eating up the cast iron too, please let me know.

Think EDM...

Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia