jim rozen

In article , DeepDiver says...

I hope you're not planning on setting up your shop inside your living
spaces.

I would, respectfully, beg to differ. There was a recent
thread on the PracticalMachinist board about just this subject,
and the photos that folks posted about how they had adapted
small living quarters to machine tools was pretty amazing.

I myself put my first (9" atlas) lathe in the kitchen of our
apartment. Later on I installed a tiny shop in a large closet
of an apartment in NY. It was equipped with a 7" pratt & whitney
bench lathe among other items.

It can and has been done, and no doubt will be done many
times by others in the future.

Jim

please reply to: