CW

Each segment will be 11.125" wide.

"Burt" wrote in message
On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 20:20:38 -0500, Duane Bozarth
wrote:

Burt wrote:

I can't remember the formula for the life of me.
If a dish is almost 3 ft across and I want to segment it like an orange

into 10
segments how do I calculate how wide each will be at the rim?
So I end up with a dish that has 10 sides.

I'm math clueless.

perimeter = pi * diameter = 3.1415926 * 3 = 9.42478 ft

Or, just measure around and divide by 10...

Thanks. I can't measure around because it ain't made yet.g
I need to cut ten pieces of steel to form a ten sided form that will fit

exactly
inside a 3 foot circle. I need the distance between the points as a

straight
line. so if it section is shaped like a bow I need the length of the

string.
Does this make any sense?