Morris Dovey

http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/solar.html

| If he were building a 10 segment, flat circle you would be right on
| but he said "dish". I suspect he needs the other sides's dimension
| as well. More information is necessary to figure it out. How deep
| is the dish and does it have an elliptical section or is it part of
| a sphere? What is the dish for exactly? There are myriad
| possibilities
| when you say dish so there is no way to give a (complete) correct
| answer...

Phil...

Burt also wrote:
I need to cut ten pieces of steel to form a ten sided form that
will
fit exactly inside a 3 foot circle. I need the distance between the
points as a straight line. so if it section is shaped like a bow I
need the length of the string.

I interpreted this to mean he wanted the straight line distance
between adjacent points on a circle. Since circles are planar objects,
I don't think deformations of the 10 segments enter into /this/
calculation, but I could be wrong ( and frequently am :-)