Nate Weber

Nate Weber wrote:
Burt wrote:

I can't remember the formula for the life of me.
If a dish is almost 3 ft across and I want to segment it like an orange into 10
segments how do I calculate how wide each will be at the rim?
So I end up with a dish that has 10 sides.

I'm math clueless.

If you need the straight line distance between the points here is how I
would solve it.

1. Find the Radius, 36" /2 = 18"
2. Find the angle of the wedge, 360 degrees / 10 segments = 36 degrees
3. Divide that wedge in half, using the resulting triangle you can find
1/2 the point to point distance.

Correction:

4. The triangle has a angle of 18 degrees and hypotenuse of 18"
5. Sin (18) * 18 = 5.56" which is the opposite side of the triangle and
1/2 the point to point distance.
6. 5.56 * 2 = 11.12"

Nate

--