cm

If you remove the "plastic" headstock cover you will see the pathetic amount
of cast iron Delta used around the spindle bearings. One good catch and you
could crack the cast iron around the bearings. Delta should be embarrassed
for producing this lathe. The lathe is so light duty it makes the pivoting
headstock useless for outboard turning. The pivoting headstock is only good
for easier access to miniature turnings.This is just my opinion formed from
my personal experiences.

Craig

www.arizonavintagetrailers.com

"Kudzu" wrote in message
What is the general opinion on this lathe? Always dismissed it as to
light and not suitable for moderately serious bowl But I found a used one
for $200. Maybe I should consider this? I have been holding off hoping to
find an old Rockwell/ Delta (commonly used in school shops) model with
plans of adding rises blocks.

Does the head pivot on these so it could be used for outboard turnings?