cm

I owned a 46-700 and would not consider it for anything but miniture bowl turning and would not pay $200 for a new or used one. You would be better off with a jet mini.

Craig

www.arizonavintagetrailers.com

"Kudzu" wrote in message ...
What is the general opinion on this lathe? Always dismissed it as to
light and not suitable for moderately serious bowl turning. But I found
a used one for $200. Maybe I should consider this? I have been holding
off hoping to find an old Rockwell/ Delta (commonly used in school
shops) model with plans of adding rises blocks.

Does the head pivot on these so it could be used for outboard turnings?