Waynemak

I bought one of these a few months ago, does a good job. I had to adjust the
spindle to get it to run smooth but once that was done its done a great job
for me. Be careful moving it is VERY top heavy.
wrote in message
oups.com...

John Martin wrote:
I'll be picking up a Delta toolmakers surface grinder tomorrow. Will
carry it in the back of an Explorer. I'll have a couple of strong boys
to help load it, but plan to do some disassembly first.
I presume that the cast iron legs will come off pretty easily.
How about the grinding head and/or the column? And the table? Any
tips, or pitfalls to worry about?
John Martin

Mine came apart easily and I needed help lifting only the square base.
Support the head assembly before loosening the pivot cones.
Ask if it had the accessory swivel table for grinding between centers.

It isn't the finest precision surface grinder I've ever used but it is
very useful for sharpening tools and finishing milled parts to better
accuracy than my old Clausing milling machine can attain.

Would you mind sending me photos of the spindle disassembly plate on
the head and whatever the plate is near the bottom of one leg?