Roger Shoaf

"Christopher Tidy" wrote in message

For your interest, some of the best quality espresso machines (e.g.,
Faema) use an electric pump to pressurise cold water, which is then fed
through a heat exchanger before it reaches the brew head. The water in
the boiler acts as a heat reservoir but doesn't actually end up in the
coffee. If you search for a history of the Faema company online you
should find more information. There was also a Faema dealer who had many
detailed pictures of Faema machine parts online, but I'm afraid I can't
remember the address right now.

I've always hankered after a Faema E 61, but can't afford it. Maybe one
day I will pick up a broken one and restore it.

What I am looking for is the ability to have a machine that is able to
squirt water through coffee at what ever temperature I want and what ever
pressure I want. Commercially available machines have several drawbacks,
the price is one and the "tweakability" is another.

I built a roaster I cobbled together out of a scrap gas BBQ grill and now I
want to build something that will give me a brew that tastes as good as my
beans smell.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.