Dave Gibson

Default Central Heating water draining very slow

"Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt" wrote in message
Hi,

Today I drained the central heating system and the water flow was very
weak a baby ****ing out. I did open the bleeding valves but still very
slow.

Up in the loft tank is still full and I can't understand why water did
not flow fast as it did some years ago.

Do you think the central heating is clogged with scales/sludge please?

What should I do?

Rajinder

Before you go diving in, sometimes the rubber seal inside the drain point
sticks, even though you think the valve is fully open all you have done is
pulled the nipple out of the washer which has stuck on the valve seat
leaving a 3/16 hole. Either try whacking the drain point to try and dislodge
it or bite the bullet (like I had to once) and remove the whole assembly (it
simply unscrews). Be prepare for a flood/have a bung handy to stop the flow.
When you have drained the system I would recommend replacing the drain point
with a new one, they are only a couple of quid.

Dave