"Conservatives stand for strict interpretation of the constitution and
less govt intervention? Sounds good on paper. What about medical
marijuana? "

Nothing in the constitution says anything about individuals having the
right to marijuana. And there are conservatives who have no problem
with allowing marijuana use for medical purposes.

"Terry Schiavo? "

Conservatives place a high value on human life. I personally think
some conservatives went too far with the Schiavo case, with Congress
and the President getting involved, but at's it's core this was a
medical and moral debate between Shiavo's parents and her husband that
had to play out. You have to realize that even among conservatives,
while there are a core set of values we tend to agree on, there are
still a wide variety of issues we disagree on.

"The overriding of the Florida courts by the
Supreme Court in the 2000 election? Attempts to
undermine the constitutional authority of the judicial branch? "

Whine... Which is it? When the courts don't rule the way you want,
then you have a problem with it. If someone else bitches about the
courts, then it's undermining their authority. LOL As for the Florida
election, I've never seen such a bunch of self centered sore losers.
Long after the election was over, several major newspapers went back
and re-counted all the ballots using every one of the proposed
standards. The result was always the same, Bush still won.

"The Patriot Act?"

You're one of the liberals Karl Rove was talking about when he said
that after 9/11 conservatives prepared for war, liberals prepared for
indictments and therapy sessions. This is a war and I see nothing
that unreasonable in the Patriot Act. Apparently, you have a problem
with things like the govt being able to get one phone tap court order
for an individual and have it be good for any phone the guy happens to
use. Instead, you'd prefer to spin wheels in every court in the land
while a suspected terrorist goes from land phone, to cell phone, to his
buddy'd phone, planning the next 9/11. And of course we know when that
happens who you will blaim, don't we?

"To undermine the advise and consent role of congress? "

Now this is real special. You have a bunch of liberal Democrats using
a filibuster to BLOCK THE ADVISE AND CONSENT OF THE SENATE. This has
never been done before in the history of judicial appointments in the
US. You can use a filibuster to stall a farm bill, the constitution
says zippo about that. But when the constitution provides for judges
selected by the President to be approved by a vote of the senate, it's
clearly unconstitutional for a minority of liberals to sit there and
block it. Have the conservatives ever done this? They could have
certainly done it with judges like Ginsburg, who was a liberal ACLU
lawyer, but they didn't stoop so low did they?

"Problem is, the label "conservative" no longer means what it used to.
More than anything else, it now suggests an obsession with asserting
control over others, rather than reducing government influence. "

And the term liberal now means "chronic whiners who would do anything,
including putting US troops and citizens in harms way to undermine a
president in time of war." Take a good look at the remarks Dick Durbin
made comparing the US treatment of suspected terrorists to what the
Nazis, Soviets, and Pol Pot did. That was dispicable. It is an insult
to the millions that died in real murderous concentration camps and the
survivors. His remarks are being run by Al Jazeera to incite more acts
of violence against the US and our troops. Think that makes the job of
our troops easier? Then, the scum bag didn't even issue a real
appology, only one to anyone who might have been offended by what he
said. That is the new modern liberal.