John B

Juergen Hannappel wrote:
writes:

[...]

I quite agree with you that it will not do any good. Surely you read
about the Berne Conventions. US Copyright largely law adheres to an
international standard.

In other parts of the world people get under the impression that "the
international standard" is set by the US law and the US government
trying to enforce it everywhere...

No.............. not under the impression under the facts.
When Australia negotiated the recent free trade agreement with the USA
one of the conditions was that we bought our copyright legislation into
line with the USA. One example, we now have death + 75 years instead of
50 years for copyright expiry. Oh well such is life when your the 51st
State
regards
John