Charlie Self

BTW, I bet you never asked a baker to make you a cake with an image of
picture of MIckey Mouse in the icing. It seems there is some damn
Mickey Mouse protection in Copyright law (thanks to the late Sonny
Bono).

It's a trademark, not a copyright, in the case of the mouse and
friends, I think. And Disney is probably one of the most aggressive
policers of their trademarks and copyrights in the world. That's all
they've really got, plus a warehouse full of old cartoons and a
reputation (not always deserved) fo rmaking good family movies.