mac davis

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 15:51:57 GMT, "Dan Bollinger"
wrote:

thanks, Dan... we were wondering how much heat it would need...
the plans on the web for the pvc pipe/coleman stove talk about maintaining

about
220 degrees..

LOL! Water boils at 212° at sea level. Boiling temperature increases with
pressure. To get to water to 220° it would have to be under a few pounds of
pressure. I don't know of any steam box that is pressurized.

I don't know of any advantage to soaking the wood. Disadvantages are it
will take longer to cool and dry. And, you may get water stains on your
work piece. Just steam it .

Keep in mind that your 'deck' could be the clamping form. Just screw your
blocking to the deck.

Dan

that's a damn good idea!
I've been looking at that 5 gallon can of deck stain and thinking that there
MUST be a reason not to restain the deck right away..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing