CWLee

"BobK207" wrote

how is a rubber hose better looking than drainage dribble

/ mineral
staining?

Couple of possibilities. For occasions (patio parties?)
when appearance is especially important the hose can be
removed and replaced after the party. One can also get
(non-rubber) hose at car parts places that is clear, and
thus much less obvious.

I thought we were going for the hidden solution.

I think that is the best solution, in which case the
advantage of the hose over the staining is that at some
later time there may be no way to position the container
with a hidden overflow. In that case the stain would be
harder to remove than the hose.

I do agree that the hose in the side hole solution is the

simpliest but
it would never pass the "Martha test" at my house.

My mental image of this container is of it sitting in a
patio or outdoor area, thus beyond, at least where I live,
Martha's area of responsibility. :-)

--
CWLee