Christopher Tidy

Tom Miller wrote:

"Christopher Tidy" wrote in message

JohnM wrote:

I've never considered ****ing all over myself to be a lucky thing..

I think the alternative is having your heart stop from the shock.

How about if I just don't put my tongue on electrical stuff, then I
won't have to be thankful for ****ing myself;-)

I think I just don't ever want to be thankful for that..

A while back I read in a tabloid about a man who had a nasty accident
after he left a bar drunken in the early hours. He was walking home with
a few mates when he needed to relieve himself. His mates dared him to
pee off the parapet of a railway bridge, which he did. Apparently his
stream of urine hit the 25 kV overhead wire which supplied the trains,
and he had a difficult job explaining the situation to a doctor at the
hospital when he came to.

That concept has been checked out by "Mythbusters" and found to be
essentially a myth.
Never the less I would check the direction before pointing.

I suspected so. I imagine that if you peed from a height of more than a
few feet, the stream of urine would break up into droplets and would not
form the necessary conductive path. Still, I wouldn't want to try it
with 25 kV.

Chris