BobS

Buster,

Lot's of good blades out there but eventually you will want to rip down some
very hard hardwoods that are quite thick, which will burn easily if
everything is not aligned and you're not using a sharp blade.

I've settled on a 30 tooth Forest WW II for ripping and a 80 tooth Freud
chrome blade for cross-cutting with a dead-on alignment. Those chrome blades
are no longer available but there are others just as good or better by
several manf.

I have ripped thru a 7' long section of hard maple at a slight bevel (5°)
through almost 3" thickness and never burned a bit. Other blades can do
that also - as long as you're TS is aligned properly. So spend a few
dollars on a dial indicator setup so you can check blade runout and the
alignment of everything critical to making good cuts.

Bob S.

"Buster" wrote in message
Well it's done. I purchased a new General Table saw. It's currently in
the back of my truch waiting for some friends to come over to help me
unload. Pretty sweet.

As I said in my earlier post my first project will be some simple plywood
cabinets for storage in my shop. I have not pruchased a blade for the
machine, as I didn't think to ask for any recommendation before...

So: I am looking for recoomendations on 10" table saw blades. My first
projects will be using lots of plywood, a little further down the load I
will need a rip blade, and a crosscut blade.

For the time I was going to pick up a Frued General purpose type blade for
the plywood work.