Andy Hall

Default Central Heating water draining very slow

On Tue, 18 May 2004 06:51:11 +0100, "Stephen Dawson"
wrote:

sbnipped
3) Pay somebody to do (2). Shop around. British Gas charge up to
£800 for this and there are plenty of cowboys around charging similar
amounts for what is a very easy job.

snipped

I really do object to the above, it infers that it is ok for BG to charge
£800 but not a small business. I hope that you were putting BG in your
cowbys brackets as well.

Steve Dawson

I didn't say that at all, and the word is "implies" not "infers".

As far as I'm concerned, BG are the John Wayne of the industry. On
many occasions I have pointed out that they are trading on their brand
and on the "feel good factor" that the unwary have with dealing with
"the gas board". Their prices for most work is substantially
higher than the rest of the industry and their service contracts not
worth the paper upon which they are written.

I don't think that I have ever posted in support of BG.

I see nothing wrong with a heating engineer having a power flushing
machine and using and charging for it where appropriate as part of a
complete service.

However, there are operators around who only do power flushing, charge
up to £800 a time and don't provide the follow up when things go wrong
- e.g. radiators and valves leaking. This sort of price level is
outrageous for the equipment, materials, time and skill involved and
such operators should be avoided.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl