BrotherBart

My dad was a very good backyard mechanic, but for some reason didn't
get into the more intricate stuff. One sunny summer Saturday morning,
I placed a sheet of plywood on the ground, removed the Carter BBD (I
think) carburator from the 225 slant-six motor in the 1965 Dodge
Polara station wagon he was preparing for the road, and stripped it
down on the sheet of plywood. My dad had worked a backshift, and at
about 1130 or so came outside, and turned white as a sheet. He said,
"Are you sure you can get that thing back together?" I assured him
that I could, and I did, and the car lived to ride again. :-)

A little word of advice to the technically curious youngsters out there.
NEVER use your mother the beautician's professional diamond coated nail file
to deburr the driveshaft of the lawn mower engine you are rebuilding.

It makes your butt hurt really bad.