Copy of letter to Dr. Majewski:

Dear Dr. Majewski:

I am going to send this email to Dr. Brandt at FSU.

Does it look OK?

Are you alright with the way I've stated our association?

There is a problem with the math. I get some very low sub-ohm figure
for what R *should* be. Like 0.008 ohms. That doesn't hold out much
hope against the possiblity of cryogenic generator operation, does it?
I think not, but maybe I am doing something wrong.

Shall I sign up for PHY 298?

Doug

Dear Dr. Brandt:

I have been developing a small, slow self-excited induction generator
with Dr. Walerian Majewski at NVCC, nearby.

The problem I am up against now is that the stator DC resistance, R is
still greater than the square root of the product of the winding
inductance, L, and the resonant capacitor C. Units are ohms, henries,
and farads. Values are 23 ohms, 136 millihenries, and 51 microfarads.

What I'd like to do is carefully dip a sample stator in whatever
cryogens you have available in approximately five liter quantities, and
measure the stator DC resistance at these boiling cryogen temperatures,
to determine whether R might in fact be less than sqrt(L*C) at some
temperature. If a "hit" is found, research can be conducted for a low
temperature bearing lubricant, and a live test made, as the machine has
only one moving part, plus two ball bearings.

Yours,

Doug Goncz
Replikon Research
Seven Corners, VA 22044-0394