Rick

wrote in message
A bit off topic but could be useful for some measurement problems.

Home brew, remote readout, lever type dial gauge
+-0.0025" & +-0.025" Full scale
Also usable with linear inductive sensors.

Details in Drop Box :-

dial gauge.txt
Circuit diagram.jpg
Synchro Sensor.jpg
Clocking Workpiece.jpg

Jim

Many years ago I started building a brute force digital dial indicator
by calculating XY coordinates for a circular pattern with 100 equally
spaced holes. Then I drilled them using a small mill, dialing in each
coordinate. The material was a disk made of engraving plastic stock.
My intent was to make an optical reader using up/down counters and
attach it to a normal dial indicator stem in place of the hand.

Never finished it , but I still have the disk in my tool box. Inertia
was a bitch ; )