Andy Hill

"CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert" wrote:
Hello, i have a home with a sort of stream/swamp running very close by.
I am wondering if it is feasible to put some kind of drainage or
piping system overthere so I can dry it out to a degree, and let it be
wet further downstream. About 100-200 yards i want to dry up a bit.

This thing is fed by natural waters in my area and they are always
flowing though very slow. its starting in the front of my neighbors
home, and runs between our homes. Then our 2 sump pumps dump water into
it, and my other neighbor dumps water into it but way further back at
the tail end of the property line.

About 8-9pm in the summer, sometimes earlier it becomes unliveable in
the backyard due to mosquitos. Do you think the City would help? or
take offence at me piping this water back a bit? I am almost certain
this is all on my prperty and I am paying tax for it. But I know city
wont allow me to cut the trees there though not that I want too.

Any ideas? Is their a specific type of professional i should call?

Instead of drying it out, would it be practical to dig the area out and make a
shallow pond / catchment basin out of it? Then you could either introduce
some native mosquito-eating fish, or at least float some BT dunks.