Doug Kanter

Default Genie Pro 98 garage opener

Anyone own one? Know how to adjust the thing? The Genie web site has a
manual available, but it doesn't cover old models, and mine looks nothing
like the new ones.

Problem: When I hit the button (remote, or wall mounted) to close the door,
it goes a foot or so and then stops, or reverses and brings the door back
up. There is NOT a safety thing on the tracks to detect someone standing
under the door, so that's not an issue. A month ago, I had a pro install new
springs so at least the door was usable while I was pondering what to do
about the opener. In other words, this problem existed before that work was
done.