Tom MacIntyre

On 24 Jun 2005 16:58:07 -0700, wrote:

Hah ! After 25 years, last week I saw my very first vertical failure on
a 169. They are very rare. This was a real one, last time it was the
degaussing transistor, as it kills vertical during degauss. Technically
that one wasn't really vertical failure.

JURB

I saw one, in only 5-6 years of work...it was a low-value resistor on
the input to the vertical IC, and was it fussy! It required the exact
value, or the vertical was not corrected. I didn't have the exact
value at the time, and tried the next one, and it just didn't do the
job. I think the resistor was in the 4.7-5.6 ohm range.

This is almost like a rare bird sighting, isn't it? :-)

Tom