Mike in Mystic

Good answer and good article, Doug. I still dont' think I'll pay the money
for something like this, but I have a better idea why someone with more
stringent requirements than myself might want one.

Mike

"Doug Warner" wrote in message
"Mike in Mystic" wrote:

I haven't tried it. And I can't for the life of me see why anyone would
want one of these things.

Here's why: http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/pages/w00013.asp

And, if you're a metalworker as well, a hydraulic alternative: (Near
bottom of page)
http://www.homemetalshopclub.org/news/jun02/jun02.html

I like this one: No squinting at a dusty fiber washer (Delta), and
you know you have the right tension, instead of hoping the spring is
still good. I have the convave cut problem with thick material, and
have been investigating blade tension measurement systems.

To reply, please remove one letter from each side of "@"
Spammers are VERMIN. Please kill them all.