CNT

Default Whiteside set

http://www.woodpeck.com/whiteside3pcset.html

I almost bought this set at Woodcraft yesterday. What stopped me was two
things, and it may be me being too picky or not understanding something?

1) It doesn't have a backcutter. Reason I look for backcutter included is
so that I know it's the correct size (thickness) for the rail/stile
slots.

2) The rail roundover shape is short, unlike of CMT and others "longer"
roundover.

Howcome most router bits today have 2 cutters while almost none have
three cutters (like this link above)? Freud's 2+2 is also two cutters.

I thought Whiteside would be more expensive than CMT, but isn't. The
salesperson told me it's only "3 dollars differences" between the
Whiteside and CMT, but I didn't see that. The CMT doesn't have the set I
want (Cove and Roundover together), so it would be $260 if I buy two
boxes of CMT (instead of a 3-piece set).

I am just starting to look around now due to Amazon.com not shipping my
order, and I don't want to talk about this Amazon.com. Please reply
regarding the Whiteside or anything else you wish.

Chuck