Dave in Fairfax

Jimbo wrote:
I just got Mr. Bills video last week. Although I have only watched it
once. I know he shows a good way to do that I was just unsure becasue
the pith is so far off center. I think I'll watch it again before
cutting it. Learned a lot of things just the first time thru.

I have the Jet 1442-VS that I bought several months ago and have made
several smaller bowls which came out ok. Dave, are you in Fairfax CA?
I live east of Sacramento but sometimes get to the bay.

Bill's video shows how to cut a log with an off-center pith and why to
do it that direction rather than the direction talked about earlier.
It's a questions of warpage/cracking as it dries. Watch it a few more
times, but get that log out of the sun and seal the ends first. I'm in
VA, not CA, wrong coast. Part of the old Lord Fairfax estate, back when
the original George W was sleeping with Sally, Lady Fairfax.

Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use: