Dave in Fairfax

I am looking for some suggestions from you experienced green wood
turners on how to best cut this log and maximize the possible burl for
a bowl or two or three.

I know its kind of a wide open question as to what I am looking for as
an end result as I am not quite sure myself. I am new to this green
wood turning (well all turning actually) but I am getting a pretty
good feel for it.

The log is about 16" diameter and the tree was cut down about a month
ago. I made two bowls from it about 2 weeks back and they turned out
pretty good.

Amy ideas would be appreciated.

Grab a copy of Bill Gumbine's video and study it.
http://www.wonderfulwood.com/ Depending on the size of your lathe I'd
guess that you've got one big and one shallow bowl there, since the pith
is so far off center. You'll need some anchorseal or LDD as well.

Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use: