tim

Default New Electrical Regulations

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Ed Sirett wrote:
tim wrote:

The rules are full of holes, un-enforcable and potentially create more
problems than they solve.

As the OP stated the situation would be worse than for gas fitting,
frankly it will be unenforceable.

And is more likely to cause deaths I would expect. Where in the past
someone may have thought "I will install these five new sockets on a new
ring" they may now be tempted to add them as spurs to existing wiring
since that would be a "permitted" change that would not need
certification. Hence it is encouring people to make changes in way that
is less safe just so as to have them classed as minor and hence avoid
certification problems.

This is one option, the even worse one is that now that major works
will only be allowed by 'qualified' people their hourly rate will go
up and they will be disinclined to do micky-mouse jobs,k which will
result in unqualified people doing it themselves.

Tim

--
Cheers,

John.