Mike Dobony

"DiezMon" wrote in message
news
I'm sure a garage door is plenty strong, but I'm looking for something
small.

I forgot to mention that this lift will be mounted inside a cabinet.

4 threaded rods with a chain sprocket and connected by chains. It will go
up smoothly and easily by driving any one of the rods.

"DiezMon" wrote in message
Hey guys,

I'm building a custom TV Lift. I'm thinking of using a motor with high
torque that drives a basic block-tackle pulley system. Without getting
into electical engineering and power: I was thinking of using either an

old
cordless drill, or corded drill.

I'm just curious.. How come most cordless drills come with a switch

that
lets you choose low speed/high torque, or high speed/low torque? Corded
drills don't usually have this. Is it simply because the 110v motors

can
deliver more torque?

It would be cheaper and easier for me to use and old corded drill. But,

cordless type has a more reasonable speed when switched on the

high-torque
setting. And I imagine since it's geared, the higher RPM may be better

for
the life of the motor.

Input?

Thanks,