shu

Public radio is for the Common good isn't it?

I stole this from a different group..
[
We ask that the government undertake the obligation above all of providing
citizens with adequate opportunity for employment and earning a living. The
activities of the individual must not be allowed to clash with the
interests
of the community, but must take place within its confines and be for the
good of all. Therefore, we demand: an end to the power of the financial
interests . We demand profit sharing in big business. We demand a broad
extension of care for the aged. We demand . . . the greatest possible
consideration of small business in the purchases of the national, state,
and
municipal governments. In order to make possible to every capable and
industrious [citizen] the attainment of higher education and thus the
achievement of a post of leadership, the government must provide an
all-around enlargement of our system of public education. . . . We demand
the education at government expense of gifted children of poor parents. . .
. The government must undertake the improvement of public health - by
protecting mother and child, by prohibiting child labor - by the greatest
possible support for all clubs concerned with the physical education of
youth. We combat the . . . materialistic spirit within and without us, and
are convinced that a permanent recovery of our people can only proceed from
within on the foundation of " The Common Good Before the Individual Good ."

Nazi party, 1920
]
'
reminds me of that supreme court descision on thursday, stripping away
private property rights for the "common good"

***
shu