Norminn

clipped

These pics might be what you are dealing with....
http://arrow-pestcontrol.com/yngca_1.jpg
http://arrow-pestcontrol.com/yngca_2.jpg
http://arrow-pestcontrol.com/yngca_3.jpg

85% of all carpenter ant work I do has nothing to do with wood at
all...just a hollow area for them to nest. In the first pic the shrub
has attracted them and they have gained access into the home...the

Healthy living shrubs don't attract carpenter ants where I live, unless
they are after berries in palms. Or damaged/dropped fruit on ground,
dead wood or the means to enter a structure for nest/food. Second pic
shows a window that needs caulk, not an ant problem. It could become
one, or a termite problem.

second pic is where the gained access inside and the third pic is where
they were nesting, a plastic hollow area in some window blinds. The
customer had no idea there were ants in the home. Never saw a forager
one, but when this nest would of swarmed they would of seen plenty of
winged ones as you are now.