Carmen

Hi,
Carmen:
Hello,
Sometimes the third time is the charm, sometime it's three
strikes and you're out. In this case it's the latter. I'm
talking about
the third Craftsman electric chain saw model 34104 my husband and
have brought home,

G Henslee wrote:
As far as I'm concerned you had 3 strikes against when you:
1) bought a Sears chainsaw
2) bought an electric Sears chainsaw
3) brought home an electric Sears chainsaw.

Carmen:
Disgruntled ex-employee? G

G Henslee:
Not on your life. Like you, a disgruntled ex-customer 8-\

I must just be really lucky to go to good Sears, 'cause it's not my
looks that get me good service. The guy refunded our money, and said
that every once in a while you'll get a lemon, but three bad examples
of the same model means the design was flawed and then said; "We sold
you a crappy product. I'm really sorry and I apologize on behalf of
the company." Honesty I can appreciate. :-)

We bombed around and have it narrowed down to a 10 amp DeWalt (DW304),
a 13 amp Bosch (RS20), a 12 amp Bosch (RS15) and a 10 amp Milwaukee
(6519-22). DH seemed most taken with the Boschs, and I don't see any
real reason to steer him away from them. He was trying to behave and
go for the less expensive DeWalt but the Boschs have more power. If
we get the 13 amp one we ought to be set for a reciprocating saw. The
only more powerful one I've seen was a Makita at 15.something amps.

Carmen
--
Handy guide to modern science: If it's green or wriggles, it's
biology. If it stinks, it's chemistry. If it doesn't work, it's