G Henslee

Airkings wrote:
I have a concrete planter (round cup-shaped top, stem, square base.
Urn-like, I guess), that doesn't have a drain hole. Is it possible or
feasible to drill a drain hole from the bottom of the "cup" through the
stem, and out the bottom of the base? It might be 7" or so. Will it crack
the concrete? Any other ideas? Thanks!

P.S. We really need some type of drainage, as the flowers are stunted and a
heavy rain just filled the bowl!

Turn it over. Drill the 7' of concrete (ridiculous idea). By the time
you get the thing drilled, the water will have drained out and probably
need watering again as it will be mid-summer. Oh, and add more potting
soil because half of it will fall out during the process.