David A

"Noozer" wrote in message
news:xJZpe.1619888$Xk.110634@pd7tw3no...
Howdy!

My garage always gets water into it when we have rain or a snow melt and I
was wondering what do to about it...

The contractor who poured our pad did not put any slope on it, so water
just
comes in around the doors or from the car and sits on the floor instead of
running back out.

Also, the 2x6 walls don't appear to have any gasket material under the
bottom plate. The walls are still empty - no insulation or drywall over
them. Outside is sheathed and covered in vinyl siding.

The pad is 24'x32' and we've got three single doors on the north side.

Is there any way to keep the water from coming in the doors that won't
interfere with their operation?

Is having no gasket under the bottom plate a big issue or will sealing
along
the inside seam with caulk take care of the small amounts of water we get
in
under the walls? The pad is very close to ground level so it doesn't take
much snow for the melt to come under the walls. Rain isn't much of an
issue.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Hello Noozer,

Is the site wet, as in ground water?
Are you heating the garage?
Was there visqueen put down below the slab?
Is there perimeter drainage?
Where do the gutter splashblock go?
How long ago was it poured?

There are many things that can make or keep a slab wet, most of them are not
contractor related.

David A
Pacific Garages Inc.